Valentine's Day is this week, so naturally our thoughts turn to love. In our hectic lives, though, we may find that our minds are completely occupied with how we're decorating or what we're hoping to receive as a Valentine's Day remembrance or how we're going to make sure that our children have the best treats to deliver to classmates or whether we should watch a steamy movie.
In the midst of all that, we may easily forget what love really is. I found this little reminder in an old book, and I thought you might need it as much as I do.
As I stop to ponder what love is, I am reminded of these words from Jesus:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another:
just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
By this all people will know that you are my followers--
if you have love for one another. (John 13:34-35)
Dear Lord, teach us to love one another as you love us.
How do you keep in mind the true meaning of love?


0 Yorumlar