On a recent trip to the library, I picked up The Nightingale Girls by Donna Douglas. The story is about three very different girls who are training to be nurses in the East End in the 1930's. It sounded like something I might enjoy so I brought it home with me.
I really enjoyed this book. There's some great characters who come from different backgrounds, all with their own story, and they kept me interested from start to finish. The only negative thing I could say was that the book left me wanting more, so I was thrilled to learn that this is just the first book in a series, something I didn't realise at the time I was reading it.
I've now read the second in the series, The Nightingale Sisters. This book takes up where the first left off, and continues with the lives of the three main characters, though the ward sisters feature more in this second book than the first, and a new character is introduced, the night sister who has a secret to hide.
The Nightingale Nurses, the third book in the series, is now winging its way to me, and a fourth book, Nightingales On Call, is due for release later this month. I'm sure I'll enjoy them just as much as I've enjoyed the first two.

.jpg)
.jpg)
0 Yorumlar