Last week my mother and I went to Maastricht for a few days. We were very lucky with the weather. It was dry and sunny, whereas the days preceding our visit were wet and cold.
Maastricht is an old city in Limburg, a province in the south of our country. In dialect it is called 'Mestreech'. The city is situated along the river Meuse and is one of the oldest in The Netherlands. It dates back to Roman times. It has some beautiful old churches, like the 'Onze lieve vrouwe kerk' and the 'St. Servaaskerk', and a great museum, the Bonnefantenmuseum. It is also known for its big square in the city centre, called 'De Vrijthof", which is full of restaurants and terraces. It's a great place to sit and enjoy the people walking past.
Maastricht is very special to me. I spent part of my childhood there, staying with my grandmother and my uncles and aunts. Lots of happy memories :-)! This time my mother and I stayed in a beautiful hotel, called Boticelli, which I can recommend to you. The rooms are lovely and clean, the staff very friendly, the breakfast delicious and the court yard garden simply breathtaking! We walked a lot, visited several churches, lighted a candle and had a great dinner in Italian restaurant Gio's (top)! I hope my photo's show you how beautiful the city is.
Lieve groet, Madelief

Maastricht is an old city in Limburg, a province in the south of our country. In dialect it is called 'Mestreech'. The city is situated along the river Meuse and is one of the oldest in The Netherlands. It dates back to Roman times. It has some beautiful old churches, like the 'Onze lieve vrouwe kerk' and the 'St. Servaaskerk', and a great museum, the Bonnefantenmuseum. It is also known for its big square in the city centre, called 'De Vrijthof", which is full of restaurants and terraces. It's a great place to sit and enjoy the people walking past.
Maastricht is very special to me. I spent part of my childhood there, staying with my grandmother and my uncles and aunts. Lots of happy memories :-)! This time my mother and I stayed in a beautiful hotel, called Boticelli, which I can recommend to you. The rooms are lovely and clean, the staff very friendly, the breakfast delicious and the court yard garden simply breathtaking! We walked a lot, visited several churches, lighted a candle and had a great dinner in Italian restaurant Gio's (top)! I hope my photo's show you how beautiful the city is.
Lieve groet, Madelief
The Vrijthof before dinner,
the Vrijthof after dinner.
Suzie, from Suzie's vintage attic, spent a part of her youth in Maastricht as well. Suzie, I asked my mum about Duchateau. She new it very well. She told me we have spent many a happy hour in this lunchroom as well, so Suzy, we could easily have met :-)!!

0 Yorumlar