I'm not sure which one is worst! It's still snowy this morning and quite cold but not the horribly cold temps we had in Minnesota. The drive down was good. Daughter and I left at 3am in the morning and it seems that was the perfect time as we missed all of the traffic around Chicago. I think even the lorry drivers were snug in their beds still!
We managed to get everything unloaded. Took a little while, but we got it done! Lots for her to sort out but she'll have to take her time - she starts her new job on Monday.
Despite the cold (-13F -25C without the wind chill) we decided to explore a little bit. It was so cold my hair ended up freezing and it wasn't even wet! We wrapped up really well but still couldn't spend too long outside without starting to feel a little numb but we managed a walk.
On one side of the bridge the Mississippi was frozen solid.
On the other side it was partially frozen and mist/steam was coming off the water. Quite beautiful. Unfortunately I forgot my camera - managed to pack lense just not camera - so only had my phone camera.
Shasta absolutely loved the cold! She wanted to go racing around in the snow
She looks so funny in this photo mid-leap. The rest of us weren't so enamoured of the cold.
At the end of the day we were all as tired out as she was! I'll share more of our adventure tomorrow!








0 Yorumlar