Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Autumn Changes

Signs of Autumn are all around us and yet the temperatures are still reaching Summer highs, a real bonus as we are a little behind with some of the garden maintenance.  I found the fence painting yesterday at my parents quite therapeutic, the slow rhythm of the brush reflecting the slow pace of life we are experiencing at the moment.  Time lost in thought of happier times.  The sheds are on the agenda for today and then back to my own house to paint the remaining 15 panels of fencing.  The change of season a mirror image of the changes within our family.  Time now needed to come to terms with our loss and the new dynamics within the family that will follow.  Your thoughts and prayers have been gratefully received and have been a great comfort so I thank you from the heart and ask that we continue to be in your prayers.  Our lives will never be the same again,  mental illness is brutal and has taken a young man from us in the prime of his life.  Be kind to those around you and make sure they know they are loved.

I am not ready to make any seasonal décor changes yet but I have made a start in making a new Autumn wreath.  I spent a couple of lovely hours in the craft room playing some old LPs on my old record player whilst playing around with Autumn leaves.

 
I used the hot glue gun to adhere them to the burlap so that the wreath can be used again.
 
 
Adding a beautiful gold coloured wire ribbon and some apples that were actually been sold as Christmas tree decorations.
 

 
I then painted some wooden labels red.
 
 
Using a alphabet stencil felt letters were made to attach to the labels to make a HARVEST bunting.
 
 
These were attached to the wreath using jute twine.
 
 
All ready to be hung on the back of the door.  I think it looks quite striking.
 
 
I will catch up with you over the next couple of days as time and mood allows.  The list of outstanding jobs evergrowing.
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar