Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lindsay Shookus on tabloid attention from dating Ben Affleck: 'It's so strange to me'

As one of the producers at "Saturday Night Live," Lindsay Shookus does a ton of work behind the scenes rather than in front of the camera. So it makes sense that in a new interview with Elle, Shookus said the paparazzi attention she now receives thanks to her boyfriend, Ben Affleck, is "strange to me."

"My entire career has been behind the camera, and that's definitely where I'm most comfortable," Shookus told Elle. "I'm a producer, I'm a mom, a friend. Being considered a public figure honestly makes me laugh."

In the interview, Shookus mostly steered clear of discussing her relationship with Affleck, instead choosing to answer questions about her career. She revealed that in a span of five days in 2012, she found out that she would be taking the job of her mentor, former "SNL" producer Marci Klein, and that she was pregnant. Shookus said she decided to hold off on telling "SNL" head honcho Lorne Michaels about her pregnancy as long as possible.

Advertisement

"I wanted the chance to prove that I could do the job without everyone worrying, like, 'Uh-oh, she's pregnant, she's going to be a mom,'" Shookus said. "I had a lot to prove that year."

Shookus also said that on her due date, a Saturday on which Justin Bieber was hosting that evening's episode of "SNL," she worked a 14-hour day.

"I wore heels and a dress, and at the end of the show, I remember Lorne looked at me and was like, 'You going to the party?'" Shookus told Elle. "I was like, 'No, Lorne. I'm gonna go have a baby now.'"

Ultimately, Shookus has kept her newfound tabloid attention in perspective.

"Someone thinks about you for one minute," Shookus said, "and then says, 'What do I want for lunch?'"

Close

The biggest headlines, delivered to your inbox

Get news as it happens. Sign up for Boston.com's email news alerts.

Thanks for signing up!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar