Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Game Says Kendrick Lamar is All Over Detox

I know Dr Dre always needs that one hot protege rapper as a sidekick whenever he drops an album, and i think that's why he hasn't dropped Detox yet. When he dropped the first "Chronic" album in 1992, he had Snoop by his side, and snoop was at his best then. When he dropped Chronic 2001 in 1999, he had Snoop again, but most especially, Eminem. When he was working on dropping Detox in 2005/2006, he had Eminem, 50 cent and Game- what a force. Then, Game and 50 cent had their falling out, and the cookie crumbled. Now, Game is saying Kendrick Lamar, who i consider as one of the dopest rappers of his generation, is all over Detox.


“Before Kendrick Lamar was Kendrick Lamar, he was K. Dot and he ran with me. I took him and Jay Rock on a tour with me and Snoop, way long time ago, and so I always told K. Dot to stay focused and he would get his day, and he did. It’s almost his time. He all over Detox.”




So, what is Dr Dre waiting for? I guess that is what happens when people put you on such a high pedistle; the fear that you might dissapoint them stops you from doing anything. I know how Dre most feel with each day that goes by that Detox doesn't drop. He has two singles out, i think he just needs to drop a very hot third single, and drop the album regardless of the buzz. 

In the same interview where game talked about Kendrick Lamar being all over Detox, he also answered the question of how he and Dr Dre got back together.

“The reason we didn’t connect musically throughout is because he didn’t want to get between that whole me and 50 beef, and I understood. He had his trials and tribulations in his career, and I didn’t think he should jump in mines or be a part of that, and if he didn’t want to, I didn’t care,” he explained. “So he called one day and was like, ‘Yo, you wanna work?’ I was like ‘Yeah.’ He’s like, ‘Come down, I need some help.’ So I came down, we had a conversation. He asked me if I needed anything from him, and I was like, nah, I don’t really need anything. And I told him I was there for whatever he needed for Detox, and I started going in.”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar